the caption with the picture in Five Generations of Loom Builders, and this photo, it seems that the Red Shop must have been originally less than
half as long and about twice as high as it is now. . All pictures we have seen of it on the south side of Freedom Street seem to show it with two
floors and all photos on the other side of the street show one. The elimination of the bottom floor probably came about with the move to the Lake
Street site in 1903. Also, that's when the cupola appeared. Click here for more on the one floor/two floors mystery.
The Red Shop near Lake Street Red Shop Menu Cotton Chats Red Shop article HOME