The Office

      When the Little Red Shop was established as a Draper museum in 1951, the northern end of the building
    was designed and furnished to look like a Draper office of long ago. A bust of George Draper can be seen in
    the corner behind the desk. He, along with his brother Ebenezer, was a member of the Hopedale Community.
    George joined in 1853. When the brothers withdrew their investment in the Community, it failed and the
    Draper business was formed and prospered well into the twentieth century. Ebenezer left the company in
    1868 and it was run after that by George and his sons, William, Eben and George Albert.

                                   Next                            Red Shop Interior Menu                      HOME