Looking at Jones Road from near the corner of Northrop Street.

Now and Then - Jones Road

Now and Then Menu         National Register Nomination Menu           HOME

From the National Register Nomination.

    As this 1898 map shows, the Delano Patrick land covered the area where Oak Street, Jones Road and
    Maple Street were later built. Northrop Street was eventually extended to meet Freedom Street. The
    area that became the town park two years after the map was drawn was owned by Delano's son,
    Henry. Henry Patrick sued the town over land it took when developing the Town Park and Parklands..
    He owned a lot along Hopedale Pond as well as the parcel that became the park. (See 1904 map) He
    won the suit and was awarded more money than he had originally been paid.

    Hopedale Village Historic District National Register Nomination, written in 2001 by preservation
    consultant Kathleen Kelly Broomer for the Hopedale Historical Commission.