| The white building on the right was originally Henry Patrick's grocery store in the center of Hopedale. In 1956 it became the Food Center operated by Rico Calarese, a former employee of Henry Patrick. After running the old store for a number of years, Rico built a new one behind it and when it was completed, the old building was torn down and the site became the parking lot for the new grocery. The drugstore on the left was run for many years by George Mongiat.
Short Stories Menu Newspaper article on Patrick's Now and Then HOME