Moving the Loom - August 20, 2008
In the process of setting up a town museum at the Little Red Shop, it was decided some time ago to move the hand loom along with the lady who has been working at it since about 1951, to a platform at the Freedom Street end of the building. The loom is quite heavy so Tom McGovern requested help from the Hopedale Highway Department, the Hopedale Fire Department and Town Coordinator Gene Phillips. He also brought along Gavin and Tyler from his business, nephews Michael and Tyler Coffey, their father, Bill, and Larry Macomber. As you can see in some of the pictures, we had more help than could fit around the loom. As shown in the photo at the bottom, thanks to all the help, the loom is now in its new location.
Little Red Shop Museum Renovation Menu HOME
Display Cases Donated by Marshall's Jewelers
August 22, 2008
The three pictures above (and the one at the top of the page) were taken by Tom McGovern. Here's Tom's comment on the photos and the donation.
In the pictures, Alan Ryan and Larry Macomber prepare to move the upright glass case [middle picture] as Richard Goldberg disconnects the electrical cord on the floor.[bottom] Richard is the owner of the family owned Marshall's Jewelers on Central Street in Milford. Marshall's donated 2 of the oval lilac displays and the upright display with dual glass doors on either side of the case. Total value of the donation may be worth more than $5000.
Below - Display cases arrive at the Little Red Shop Museum.
Shown handling the move of the cases from Marshall's to the Red Shop are Tom and Cyndee McGovern (Tom obtained the donation), Sue and Daniel Ciaramicoli, Tim Watson, Larry Macomber, Lynn Ellis and Alan Ryan.
Our thanks to Richard Goldberg of Marshalls' for the donation of the three cases, with a total value in the thousands of dollars.