This picture, probably taken around 1890, looks north over Drapers and the pond. The walkway between The
Little Red Shop and the brick building with the tower can be seen on the upper left. The Lower Pond extends
from there to the bottom left of the picture. The two icehouses can be seen on opposite banks of the pond.
The cupola on the tower at left center is almost pointing to the icehouse on the west bank where the Lake
Street houses were later built.
Next Red Shop Menu HOME