The top picture shows a hand loom of the type used before the invention of
    power looms. It wasn't actually used in Hopedale. It was purchased and brought
    to the Red Shop in 1951 to be a part of the display, after the shop had been
    moved to its present location on Hopedale Street and set up as a Draper
    Musueum. See page 5 for more pictures of this loom.   In the middle is an Atwood
    silk loom. The loom at the bottom is a Kilburn & Lincoln..

      The silk loom was built in 1875 by the Atwood Manufacturing Company in
    Stonington, Connecticut. It was designed for weaving silk taffeta.

      The Kilburn & Lincoln loom was built around 1890 by Kilburn & Lincoln Loom
    Works of Fall River. It was designed to weave fancy cotton goods.
      
                                  Next               Red Shop Interior Menu      

                                   More Red Shop looms            HOME