The Office

      When the Little Red Shop was established as a Draper museum in 1951, the northern end of
    the building was designed and furnished to look like a Draper office of long ago. A bust of
    George Draper can be seen in the corner behind the desk. He, along with his brother
    Ebenezer, was a member of the Hopedale Community. George joined in 1853. When the
    brothers withdrew their investment in the Community, it failed and the Draper business was
    formed and prospered well into the twentieth century. Ebenezer left the company in 1868 and it
    was run after that by George and his sons, William, Eben and George Albert.

                       Next                            Red Shop Interior Menu                      HOME