same site as the 1898 Unitarian Church, and a building that may have been, in
part, anyway, the Little Red Shop. This picture is in a Cotton Chats article that
reports that it is the Red Shop. It doesn't look much like it, unless the front part
was eventually demolished and the ell projecting at the right is what remains.
And what is the 1860 church doing on an 1854 map? Evidently the pictures were
added to the map later. There are similarities, but important differences (such as
the clock) between the drawing of the church on the map and a photo of the
church. (Click on the Unitarian Church link above to see the picture.) And was
the map drawn in 1852, 1853 or 1854? See the comment on the left side of the
map for more on that. This map is from the 2010 edition of Adin Ballou's History
of the Hopedale Community.
Map Menu 1855 Map Red Shop Menu HOME