The Bancroft Memorial Library was built in 1898.
This is one of the few pictures taken of it before
the Statue of Hope fountain was installed in 1904.

The Bancroft Library in the Statue of Hope in 1906.

                        The Bancroft Memorial Library

  More about the library   Sylvia Bancroft     Now and Then Menu     HOME   

This picture shows the Humphrey-Fish house that
once stood next to the library. The Humphrey family
lived there during the Hopedale Community era. (Click
on the picture to read about Elizabeth Humphrey.) The
picture was probably taken at the time Dr. Fish lived
there.
Trolley tracks can be seen in the street.

The circulation desk area in the early years.
Reference Room
Reading Room
Children's Room
Children's Room
Program Room