The Old House was the home of the original members of the Hopedale
Community. As more and more shops were built, in 1874 the Old House was
demolished. Perry MacNevin recalls establishing its probable location which
was determined to be a couple of hundred yards northwest of the Adin Ballou
statue. A plaque was placed on the outside wall of the building that now
occupies the site. Like the Old House, the plaque has also disappeared.
Much more on the Old House . HOME