In 1951, The Little Red Shop was moved from the Lake Street side of Hopedale Pond to its present location on Hopedale
Street. It had about three inches to spare going across the bridge. The truck driver was Pete Knight.
The picture at the top is a favorite of mine, with one section of the shop on Freedom Street, near its destination, and the other
side waiting its turn, with its reflection in the water.
Cotton Chats article about The Little Red Shop
More photos of the move BACK to Red Shop on Lake Street
Red Shop Menu HOME