The Comstock House

    The Comstock house was built by the Comstock family in
    1860 on the site of the former Seth Hastings residence at 1
    Hastings Street.    (Seth died in 1831.) The Comstocks
    moved the Hastings house to the back northwest corner of
    the lot and used it as their boot  factory.

    On September 30, 2008, the house was moved from its
    home on Route 16 to 26 North Avenue (across the street
    from Saint Michael's church). The lot on Route 16 is now
    occupied by the Charles River Bank building.

    The intersection has long been known as Dudley Corner.

Dudley Corner - Northeast   

Dudley Corner - Southeast   

Dudley Corner - Southwest   

Mendon Menu