The "Corner House," so-called, as the corner of Hastings and Main
    streets, about 1896. In 1831, Nathanial Torrey kept store in the ground
    floor, with a tenement above. Last used as a boarding house for
    workmen building the trolley road in 1900; then torn down to make
    Founders' Park. A small house in the rear moved to Milford Street
    (Route 16) near the present Xtra Mart. The other house seen was Mrs.
    Nugent's and was Mendon's first bake house, around 1800. From the
    Aldrich Collection, given to the Mendon Historical Society in 1974.

Now and Then - Dudley Corner - Southwest

See more on this corner at Founders' Park   

Dudley Corner - Northeast  

Dudley Corner - Northwest  

Dudley Corner - Southeast  
Mendon Menu