Cleanup of the Draper site began almost as soon as the demolition project started, but this page will mainly show what was done after demolition was completed.
The drawing of the Draper plant in 1904 above shows Freedom Street and the lower end of Hopedale Pond at the top. After the water went over the dam and under the road, it is shown in two channels until they join just below the carpenter shop. The picture below isn’t where the water goes now after it goes over the dam. That’s a little to the west of this. This might be the remains of an earlier channel.