The white building on the right was originally Henry Patrick's grocery store in
    the center of Hopedale. In 1956 it  became the Food Center operated by Rico
    Calarese, a former employee of Henry Patrick.  After running the old store for a
    number of years, Rico built a new one behind it and when it was completed, the
    old building was torn down and the site became the parking lot for the new
    grocery.  The drugstore on the left was run for many years by George Mongiat.

                   Much Much more about Patrick's          Patrick's Corner Store   
         
                       Short Stories Menu           Now and Then               HOME    

setstats