Click here to go to a page about William Lapworth, his family and his business.
Click above to go to the June issue of the Hopedale monthly.
In 1907, seven sisters of the Cemetery Street house above were moved to Freedom Street, where they became known as the Seven Sisters. Click on the picture to read about them.
When Heman came down with smallpox in 1901, town officials decided it would be best to get him as far out of town as possible. They obtained a house near the Upton line and moved him there. The picture above shows the house, much improved and with an addition that wasn’t there when Heman was being treated. Click on the picture for the story of Heman and the Pest House.
Words first included in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary in 1925.
Click here to see a page of pictures of Hopedale’s Bicentennial parade.
Click picture to see more of the town park walls project.
Above – Parklands trail into the Lookout. Below – Steep hillside below the Lookout.
The Hopedale Community House lawn is a great place for graduation, especially when the weather cooperates. Unfortunately for the Class of 2025, this year it didn’t. Anyway, the show went on. Click photo above to see more.
Class pictured on the stairs of the original Hopedale High School. In 1935, the building became Sacred Heart Church. Click here to see pictures of it as a school and as a church.
Flag Day ceremony at the Little Red hop Museum. This year the flag was presented to Tara Chambers. Click on the picture above to see more.
Farm Pond, Framingham
There are three Hopedale Grange ledgers on sale on eBay this month. Lots of familiar names on them for those of us who remember Hopedale names from the 1940s.
Thanks very much to Andrea and Ian MacDonald for two card tables that had been used for card parties by the American Legion. One table for me, and one to pass on to the Little Red Shop Museum.