| Hopedale 1875
This map from The Model Company Town (p. 132) shows the shop area in 1875. The Red Shop, or Mechanic Shop, is now on the west side of the river, its second location.
The street between buildings 3 and 7 is Water Street. Very likely it was the busiest street in town for many years, but by the time the 1886 map was drawn, it was gone. The sections of Social and Union streets that were west of Hopedale Street eventually disappeared also. Freedom Street is in the upper left, just beyond 1 and 3.
1886 Map Map Menu Red Shop Menu HOME