Hopedale 1875
This map from The Model Company Town (p. 132) shows the shop area in 1875.  The Red Shop, or Mechanic Shop, by this time had been moved from the east side of the river to the west side.

The street between buildings 3 and 7 is Water Street.  Very likely it was
the busiest street in town for many years, but by the time the 1886 map was drawn, it was gone. The sections of Social and Union streets that were west of Hopedale Street eventually disappeared also. Freedom Street is inthe upper left, just beyond 1 and 3.

                                   1886 Map                Map Menu             

                               Red Shop Menu                        HOME